Tokyo's Kawaii Monster Cafe (2018)


If you're planning to go to Japan, you might have heard of this cafe called 'Kawaii Monster Cafe' before. It is popular amongst tourists and is located in Harajuku, Tokyo.

I was in the neighbourhood when I spotted the cafe and dragged my family with me there for lunch against their wills. I just couldn't leave Tokyo without a quirky cafe experience.

We ventured around the cafe and looked at the colourful ornaments. They really went all out with the kawaii decorations. It felt like a wonderland in there, with some music as well.



The unicorn carousel rotates.














Here's the colorful toilet. 

The menu was quite limited so if you're expecting to have a heavy meal there, get ready to go somewhere else for second lunch after. 

My sister ordered the rainbow spaghetti, my parents got the teriyaki chicken rice bowl and I got fried chicken. On top of that, my sister got some drink that came together with test tubes that had liquid inside. It's supposed to be added into the drink. 

 One would think that for a themed cafe like this, the food would be expensive and not nice, but the food was surprisingly delicious. I don't remember the prices but it wasn't that pricy.





It was a surreal and unique experience we had. If you're in Japan, I strongly recommend you try visiting one of the themed cafes. We were able to walk-in into Kawaii Monster Cafe but some of them require reservations. Nevertheless, they really are worth the time and you probably will only see the weirdest and the most unique cafes in Japan!


Comments

  1. Interesting and lovely photos! <3
    Japan seems interesting!
    love all your blogposts! :)
    keep going!
    supporting ya always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts